Calcium for Windows Phone
Calcium for Windows Phone is a consolidation of the infrastructure code that has been written for the book
Windows Phone 7.5 Unleashed, and is already used by a number of published apps.
Calcium for Windows Phone is a light weight framework for incorporating the main features that every app needs.
Unlike Calcium for WPF and Silverlight, Calcium for Windows Phone does not depend on Prism and has a smaller footprint, more suitable for the mobile platform.
- A user options system that allows you to add a settable option to an options page, with a single line of code.
- A bindable application bar with toggle buttons and menu items, hyperlink button/menu items, which allows you to host multiple application bars in a Pivot.
- Built-in support for localization. Bindable resources allows the user to change the interface language at run-time.
- An IoC container and DI infrastructure, and templates to allow you to hide or show a Purchase link in your app depending on the Trial state of your app and so forth.
- Templates for Views with ViewModels.
- Attribute based state persistence system.
- Message service that allows you to display messages and ask the user questions from your ViewModel.
- Launchers and Choosers abstraction layer.
- Input Validation system, with styles customized for displaying validation errors.
- And many more!
Calcium for WPF
Calcium for WPF leverages Prism and consists of a client application and server based WCF services, which allow interaction and communication between clients. Out of the box, Calcium comes with a host of modules and services, and an infrastructure that is ready to use in your next application.
- Advanced module management, and Module Manager for enabling or disabling of modules at runtime.
- Visual Studio templates for rapid creation of Calcium projects, including client applications, MVVM Module Templates, and server WCF host projects. (C# and VB.NET!)
- Theme Support, with two attractive themes included.
- Duplex messaging services for interacting with the user from the client or server using the same API. Interact with the user using Message Boxes from the server!
- Advanced commanding support, with content interfaces determining enabled commands and views.
- Region Adapters for ToolBars and Menus.
- Client-server logging ready to work out-of-the-box.
- Includes modules, such as a Web Browser, Text Editor, Output Window, and many more.
- Tabbed interface with dirty file indication (reusable across modules).
- A User Affinity module that assists collaboration with other users of the application.
- Undo/Redo/Repeat task management system.
- And many more!